The course teaches a standardised methodology for analysts which will make research easier to perform and easier to understand. Rather than trying to impose an approach, the course aims to reach you how to model for yourself so you can then tailor your approach according to the companied you cover. Rather than using a stooge company with over-simplified financial statements, the course will model a real local company and try to deal with real problem areas found on financial statements such as ‘other’.
Students will use EXCEL to create forecast financial statements with a balancing bland sheet, no circular references and understand why. They won’t be told how to do this, they will learn how to do this.
IMPORTANT: All attendees need to provide their own laptop.
– Introduction and overview of the approach to modelling
– Spreadsheet tricks aimed at making life easier – be prepared to bring some your own
– Making sense of historical financial statements
– Identifying drivers for modelling
– Forecasting drivers
– Forecasting Income Statements
– Forecasting Balance Sheets
– Forecasting Cashflow Statements
– Understanding how a financial statements must be linked together
– Stress-testing forecasts for sanity
– Segmental analysis of turnover and margins
– Detailed calculation of inserts charges and debt balances
– How to get into further detail – even when you don’t know what you’re doing
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Typical attendees are buy or sell side analysts, investments bankers or those working on projects that require EXEL modelling and forecasting
These courses are included in this module
INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL MARKETS: EQUITIES
To untangle the language and purpose of the financial markets and to enable students decide the direction of their future studies/careerLEARN MORE
ACCOUNTING IN A DAY
Students will learn to be able to prepare basic accounts and see how this fit into reported financial statements for public companies.GET STARTED
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS ANALYSIS
To understand how to extract information about the operating efficiency, value drivers and financial risks of a company from analyzing its financial statements.LEARN MORE
EQUITY VALUATION IN A DAY
Students will learn the 2 main approaches used by majority of research analyst on but and sell side. they will learn the obvious mistakes and pitfalls many make. Surprisingly, we will also show all valuation techniques are (should be) the same and lead to the same result.LEARN MORE
Start Learning! Get your quote now
Get in touch with us to get a customised quote for your learning plan.GET QUOTE