This class provides a basic introduction to the techniques in analysing company financial statements. The class included a brief review of basic accounting and the structure of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement, and looks at working capital requirement, measures of operating and financing efficiencies.
Only very limited pre-knowledge about accounting is needed (going through the *Accounting Fundamentals* e-learning module can be helpful.
– Review of accounting and the structure of financial statements
– Income measures: operating income, EBIT, EBITDA
– Working capital requirement
– Cash flow measures operation cash flow, Capex
– Usual ratios, margin, capital efficiency, leverage, returns, coverage
– Understanding company’s operating and financial health
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This class is suitable for sales and trading, and anyone who is interested in an introductory course that layout the basic elements of understanding the operation and financing of a company through financial statement analysis
These courses are included in this module