This course is an introduction to bond markets, covering different kinds of bonds and related fixed income products in terms of their risks, how they are suited, traded, priced and hedged.
Although the aim of this class is to keep mathematics to a minimum, understanding bond pricing risk and duration would be a big advantage.
– Durations as risk measure and managing with swaps
– Short & long term investment strategies
– Price, yield & risk
– Financing & repo
– Bond forwards & futures – trading & quotation; use in portfolios
– Bond prices and spreads, spread risk; trading the spread
– Asset swap spreads
– Credit default swaps & indices
This class is offered in four separate half-day units that run concurrently. These can be taken separately but there are themes that run through the units.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Clients on the buy side and anyone trying to get away from just the mathematics of the bond markets
These courses are included in this module