This is an introduction to derivatives looking at ‘Delta’s’ products. It forms a basis for understanding options, an approach that will continue into following classes.
– Risk characteristics vs. underlying assets (equity, bond, commodities, interest rates)
– Cash or physical settlement
– Comparison to forward contracts
– Index futures
– Spot-forward arbitrage-feee-pricing
– Where arbitrage-free pricing falls down
– Trade cashflows
– Equity swaps
– Interest rate swaps
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Staff and clients who are new to derivatives, who want to understand the futures and swaps markets and also those intending on studying options in the future
These courses are included in this module