This is an introduction to options from the beginning. It builds on ideas and language from the forwards, futures and swaps class in this series and forms a stepping stone to future classes on option pricing and risk measure.
An awareness of forwards and forward pricing from a court such as forwards, futures and swaps in this series is advised.
• Basic definitions and risk profiles
• The language in an option contract
• What happens at expiry
• ‘Moneyness’ before expiry • ‘Forward value’ and ‘uncertainty value’
• Does selling options makes sounds like a good idea?
Breakeveness and strategies
• The difference between value graph and breakeven • Combining option and forward positions
• Directional trades and volatility plays
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Staff and clients who are new to options, who want to understand the very basics in options. Also for people who want to continue on this series to look at option pricing and risk measures (known as Greeks)
These courses are included in this module